AYURVEDIC YOGA THERAPY 200 hours
This training is based on an integration of teachings from Patanjali's Classical Yoga text the Yoga Sutras and Chinnamasta's & Mukunda's insights into Ayurvedic Yoga. Much of the material was sourced from teachings given in individual sessions to Dr. Paul Copeland in India during 1971-73 by Krishnamacharya. Paul was presented a unique practice based on Krishnamacharya's fundamental teaching principle of "adapting to the individual". Mukunda learned these practices from 73-75. The method incorporates Classical Hatha, Tantra, and Raja Yogas to form a continuum of training that integrated the five bodies (pancha kosha) model of yogic anatomy. It is both profoundly practical and deeply spiritual.
SCOPE OF THE TRAINING
The training covers all practices of Mukunda's book, Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy and is taught by Chinnamasta. It is advisable for students to read the book and Chapter 2 of Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Mukunda Stiles prior to coming.
This program is for Yoga Teachers with a minimum of 300 hours certification and for certified Yoga Therapists who wish to expand their understanding and deepen their expertise in Ayurveda in a private setting.
TEACHING FEE: Early bird $1200 Regular $1450.
This does not include boarding or other expenses that are made
For low cost overnight stay options contact the office
Contact hours: 100 hours
- Learning 10 vinyasas for the 3 doshas vata, pitta and kapha
- Learning the pranayama's, bandhas and shat karma practices described in the book "Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy"
- Understanding of teachings of the elements, the doshas, the gunas, the five pranas
- Basic ayurvedic nutrition and life style principles and learning how to prepare an ayurvedic meal.
- Daily darshan ( world view) of the Yoga Sutra's of Patanjali and how to apply the Ayurvedic principles according to the sutra's
- 1 private session with Chinnamasta is included in the teaching fee. She will guide you in personalizing your ayurvedic and yogic sadhana and to give recommendations where needed on multi dimensional kosha level. The session will take place either in person during class with class mates observing or remotely during a skype session.
- Monthly 3 1/2 hours mentoring for 9 months with the group in person or through skype.
- Monthly email session guidance & mentoring of homework
- The private oral exam session ( in person or remotely) to discuss your thesis and answer questions asked by Chinnamasta is included in the teaching fee.
Non contact hours: 100 hours
- Daily AYT Sadhana for 9 months - 60 hours
- Daily journaling & writing a thesis 10 hours
- Monthly study group meeting to practice homework, teaching each other the sequence 30 hours
- 30 consecutive days of practice of the vata vinyasas and pranayama's
- 30 consecutive days of practice of the pitta vinyasas and pranayama's
- 30 consecutive days of practice of the kapha vinyasas and pranayama's
- Daily reading and contemplation on the Yoga Sutra's of Patanajali, Chapter 2
- Chinnamasta will personalize your sadhana during the in person teaching hours and give you suitable shat karma techniques, a personalized sequence of the vinyasas and pranayama's
- Competence to teach the 10 vinyasas, pranayama's and shat karma procedures within a class setting
- Understanding and experience of the 5 prana's within yourself
- Understanding of Ayurvedic principles of the elements, the doshas, the gunas, ama, detoxification process
- Knowledge of basic ayurvedic nutrition and life style recommendations
- In depth understanding of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali chapter 2 from Ayurvedic perspective and knowing how to apply the principles in class
Certification is given based on approval of (1) a written resume of 5 pages of the personal experiences of all practices during at least 90 days demonstrating the students understanding and personal experience of the material.
Second part of the exam consists of a private oral exam session over skype or in person where the student demonstrates a choice of practices given by Chinnamasta and answers questions revealing an understanding and mastering of the material taught in class. Third part of the exam is to demonstrate an Ayurvedic Yoga Vinyasa class of 60 minutes either in person or through video, which will be evaluated and mentored by Chinnamasta.
It is highly recommended to continue having regular private sessions with Chinnamasta to guide you in your personal sadhana and learn how to adapt to the current changes in your life, season and circumstances. This learning curve is a personal experience that enables you to deeply understand and experience the principle of adapting to the individual and how a personalized sadhana helps you to return to sattva.
This certification allows yoga teachers ( with a minimum of 300 hrs training) to teach the ayurvedic vinyasas and other mastered techniques in a group setting. All students who follow this program will learn how to personalize their personal ayurvedic and yogic sadhana and life style on a daily basis leading to personal healing and health.
Certified yoga therapists will deepen their Ayurvedic skills of observation and interpretation on multi dimensional kosha level. They will learn to understand and guide their client, adapting to the individual and their vikruti ( current imbalance) and bring them back to prakruti. ( natural state of being).
From the appropriate personal ayurvedic yogic sadhana the yoga therapist develops a sattvic attitude leading to insightful and practical guidance of their clients on their path of healing.
This AYT certification program is approved and listed as a peripheral ayurvedic training program at the NAMA, the National Ayurvedic Medical Association.
Not all students who follow the training will receive certification.
AYURVEDIC YOGA THERAPY WORKSHOPS
Introductory programs of 2-4 days may not be used as part of the certification training, but are meant for students to connect to the teaching method and make an appropriate choice for deeper further study/certification.
Send an email letter with a resume of your yogic / ayurvedic background and teaching experience. State your full name, address, email address, phone number and a signed statement that you wish to commit to the Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher training. After we have received your letter we will provide you with details for payment. Your application is only confirmed after the payment for the training has been received in full.
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Mukunda Stiles.
Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy by Mukunda Stiles.